Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
简介The Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicked off on Friday around Gangwon Province's Seoraksan N ...
The Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicked off on Friday around Gangwon Province's Seoraksan National Park, including the areas of Sokcho, Yangyang, Goseong and Yanggu. Under the theme of “Seeking the Future of the World and Mankind in the Forest,” the exposition showcases the strong connections between the forest and humanity.
The GFE 2023 is the first forestry exposition in Korea. It includes diverse exhibitions, performances and academic conferences related to forestry. The exhibition began its 31-day run with an opening ceremony at the Goseong World Jamboree Training Center, the event's main venue in Goseong, Gangwon Province.
Officials including Gangwon Province Governor Kim Jin-tae, Korea Forest Service Minister Nam Sung-hyun and mayors of Sokcho, Yangyang, Goseong and Yanggu attended the ceremony. Herald Corp. Chairperson Jung Won-ju, The Korea Herald CEO Choi Jin-young and ambassadors from 21 countries also participated.
“Forests cover 63 percent of South Korean territory, and 82 percent of Gangwon Province is forest, making the province the South Korean capital of forests,” Korea Forest Service Minister Nam Sung-hyun said during the opening ceremony.
Song Mi-ryung, former deputy director of the Korea Rural Economic Institute, has been nominated as t ...
D.O. of EXO is leaving SM Entertainment after his exclusive contract with the agency expires next mo ...
Cha Medical and Bio Group said Wednesday that the group will hold the Global Forum on Future Medicin ...
Can 'Singles Inferno' boost basketball's popularity?
윤 대통령 “저보고 소통 부족하다 지적하는 분 많아 반성”
Chuu makes tearful solo debut with 'Howl'
[KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
SK chairman says agile responses needed in times of geopolitical strife
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- S. Korea set to open largest
- US strategic bomber B
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Seoul subway on verge of strike
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Korea to start hiring E
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- S. Korea pushes for using commercial satellites in military communication
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
- [Herald Interview] Korea ramps up high
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”