Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
简介Hyundai Engineering on Thursday secured an order from US energy firm GTL Americas to build a plant i ...
Hyundai Engineering on Thursday secured an order from US energy firm GTL Americas to build a plant in the US that will turn natural gas into high-grade diesel, naphtha and jet fuel.
Under the project, the gas-to-liquid or GTL facility will be established near the city of Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas, to generate some 41,000 barrels of fuel per day, including synthetic diesel or high cetane synthetic fuel, and paraffinic synthetic naphtha.
The GTL procedure is a high-tech process that goes beyond the simple refining of natural gas, as it transforms it into high-value petroleum products used across various industries.
Fuels obtained using GTL technology are considered more environmentally friendly as their combustion emits less carbon dioxide compared to burning conventional fossil fuels such as coal.
Hyundai's American unit will work together with GTL Americas and Houston-based S&B Engineers and Constructors to design and plan the facility.
Construction is set to begin before late 2025 and will be completed in 2029.
The signing ceremony was held in Jefferson County on Wednesday, with top executives including the Hyundai Engineering CEO Hong Hyeon-sung and GTL Americas President Leon Codron in attendance.
Additionally, Hyundai will share detailed cost breakdowns for the building of the facility with GTL Americas, an open book cost estimate method.
After the final investment decision by GTL Americas, Hyundai further aims to secure the main engineering, procurement and construction contract.
Currently, GTL Americas is known to be planning the construction of additional GTL facilities in the next few years. Hyundai aims to secure an edge in winning future GTL projects by leveraging the successful execution of this project as a stepping stone.
“With increasing global interest in carbon neutrality, we will build on our technical expertise and extensive experiences to further expand our business into the field of renewable energy, such as building a hydrogen plant," stated an official from Hyundai Engineering.
When Alvaro Trigo Maldonado came to South Korea in 2012, he only spoke basic Korean.Having studied A ...
Netflix original series “Daily Dose of Sunshine,” set in a psychiatric ward, has quickly spread by w ...
North Korea has successfully conducted ground tests of newly developed solid-fuel engines for a new ...
- Generational shift looms in SK leadership
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
- 송영길 “비례정당 출마 검토”…조국과 연대 가능성도 시사
- Hyundai Motor chair wins top UK royal honor
- US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
'Single’s Inferno Season 3' returns with no
Top diplomats of S. Korea, US, Japan hold talks on margins of APEC summit
[Herald Interview] UAE economy minister urges to expand business partnerships
[Herald Interview] Korean team wins James Dyson Award with ‘hands
[Herald Interview] Yi Yi Jeong
Food trade agency launches global low
- British interdisciplinary artist Jane Benson turns literary texts into art
- Business groups demand more flexible working hour system
- Weak won pushes import prices up in October
- Rising star pianists of three Asian countries join force for peace concert
- JYP to 'take K
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant
- Fifty Fifty’s Keena to attend 2023 BBMAs
- [From the Scene] Building 100
- 9·19 합의 취약점 '대북 감시' 공백, 미국 위성으로 메운다
- 감사원, 文정부 소상공인 지원 실태 감사 착수
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- Surveillance cameras to be a must in hospital operating rooms
- Russian top diplomat to visit NK, accuses US of fueling tensions on Korean Peninsula
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- Dodgers prospect trying to fit in with S. Korean nat'l baseball team
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- [Korea Beyond Korea] 'Funding drought jeopardizes interest in ancient Korea studies in US'
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- Korea’s parental leave benefits lag behind OECD average
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- Outpaced by Coupang, Shinsegae carries out major leadership reshuffle
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad