S. Korean firms urge US to clarify 'foreign entity of concern'
简介South Korean companies have asked the United States to clarify from which foreign companies they are ...
South Korean companies have asked the United States to clarify from which foreign companies they are not required to import critical electric vehicle battery minerals under the US Inflation Reduction Act, industry sources said Sunday.
Senior executives of South Korean battery and material companies made the request to US Deputy Secretary of Commerce Don Graves during a closed-door meeting in Seoul on Friday.
The executives who attended the meeting were from South Korea's three leading car battery makers -- LG Energy Solution, SK On and Samsung SDI -- and EV material firms -- Posco Future M, SK ie technology Co. and Lotte Energy Materials Co.
The executives have asked the United States to quickly clarify the definition of "foreign entity of concern" to resolve uncertainties in their businesses and investments.
They called on the US to take into account the complexity and global interdependence of the supply chains of EV batteries when setting the scope of a foreign entity of concern.
The IRA offers tax credits of up to $7,500 to each buyer of a new electric vehicle only assembled in North America.
To be eligible, vehicles must meet sourcing requirements for both the critical minerals and battery components contained in the vehicle, according to US Treasury Department.
Beginning in 2024, eligible vehicles may not contain any battery components that are manufactured by a foreign entity of concern, and beginning in 2025, such vehicles may not contain any critical minerals that were extracted, processed or recycled by such entities, according to the department. (Yonhap)
South Korean stocks ended higher Monday amid speculation that the US Federal Reserve may start cutti ...
JEONJU, North Jeolla Province -- Less than two hours' KTX ride from Seoul's Yongsan Statio ...
World-renowned architect Dominique Perrault unveiled details of an ongoing project at Seoul’s Gangna ...
- 이재명 "여·야·정 정책협의체 제안…간병비 급여화 서둘러야"
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- Cirque Du Soleil mesmerizes Seoul with 'Luzia: A Waking Dream of Mexico'
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- [Hello Hangeul] Inside the Korean language classroom in Madrid
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex
Schools brace for impact of record
SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
野 "이태원 1주기 공동주최 빠지겠다"…尹대통령 참석 촉구
Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
[Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- 4 North Koreans cross maritime border, say want to defect
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry