NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
简介The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature pro ...
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won is expected to carry out a complete reform of the conglomerate’s top ...
서울 용산 대통령실 청사. 연합뉴스산업기술 보호를 위해 정부 부처·기관 등 10곳으로 구성된 ‘범정부 기술유출 합동 대응단’이 출범했다.대통령실은 8일 왕윤종 경제안보비서관과 이영 ...
Kyobo Life Insurance Chairman and CEO Shin Chang-jae has been awarded the 2023 Insurance Hall of Fam ...
P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
[Our Museums] Explore plaintive and joyful melodies of Korea at Arirang Museum
Seoul offers 10,000 sets of portable SOS emergency bell ‘Zikimi’
LX Holdings CEO promoted to president
Fractional art market opens up to lure new investors
[KH Explains] Why do Woori, NongHyup hold on to North Korean operations?
- Dyson vows to enhance customer service in Korea
- Remaining BTS members to head to military
- Court orders Japan to compensate ‘comfort women’
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- Two CEOs to lead Mirae Asset Global Investments
- 이재명 "가장 큰 문제는 오만, 몸가짐·마음가짐 철저 관리를"
- "최강욱 '설치는 암컷' 발언 뭔 잘못이냐"는 야권 여성인사
- 6 pct of executives in S. Korea's top 100 firms women: data
- Dreamcatcher returns as 'villains' with special power
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- [Hello Indonesia] Green growth cements Korea
- Province office raided in probe into wife of opposition leader
- Seoul City to operate autonomous night bus
- Schools brace for impact of record
- Yoon replaces 6 ministers ahead of his 3rd year, general election
- Fractional art market opens up to lure new investors
- Former ambassador to Vietnam tapped SMEs minister
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Chae Man
- National Theater of Korea's 50th year to close with 'Song of King Sejong'
- US deploys fighter jets in S. Korea for air exercise in Singapore
- 폰에 '파이팅' 문자 있는 여성 끌려갔다…北, 청년에 이런 단속
- AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea
- Ocean specialist tapped as maritime affairs minister
- [Herald Interview] Yi Yi Jeong
- Daewoo E&C seeks to join Indonesia's capital relocation
- Court upholds police officer's suspension for 'barmaid' comment
- Venezuelan Embassy holds disputed Essequibo territory referendum event
- Inaugural Korea Picture Book Award honors Kim Jung
- P1Harmony expands reach in US with iHeartRadio Jingle Ball Tour
- Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung