[Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
简介In Sophie Compton and Reuben Hamlyn’s new documentary “Another Body,” a 23-year-old engineering stud ...
In Sophie Compton and Reuben Hamlyn’s new documentary “Another Body,” a 23-year-old engineering student named Taylor finds herself victimized in a uniquely modern-day form of abuse: deepfake pornography.
But this eye-opening 80-minute film doesn’t just show Taylor tracking down who has digitally planted her face over the bodies of porn stars -- it also shows how she navigates the devastating situation and manages her mental health.
“Another Body” is told from Taylor’s first-person perspective, who sits down in front of a camera for the majority of the interviews captured in the documentary. But shortly afterwards, the audience is told that her face, name and information have been altered to protect her identity.
“We wanted to anonymize Taylor and Julia (another victim of online deepfake porn who joins hands with Taylor in the film) to sort of protect them, because I know online communities like 4Chan (where these two became the target) can get very aggressive and retaliate,” said director Reuben Hamlyn in an interview with The Korea Herald in Goyang, Gyeonggi Province on Wednesday. He was in South Korea for the Asian premiere of “Another Body” at the 15th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival which kicked off Sept. 14.
South Korean stocks ended higher Monday amid speculation that the US Federal Reserve may start cutti ...
With globalization, various types of international contracts have emerged, emphasizing the importanc ...
South Korea's major mobile carrier KT Corp. said Sunday it will join hands with Thailand's ...
- Venezuelan Embassy holds disputed Essequibo territory referendum event
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- AmCham seminar explores health care as bigger part of Korea
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
North Korea threatens consequences after South Korea launches 1st spy satellite
[Herald Interview] Kang Ik
[Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
[Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
[Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- N. Korea notifies Japan of plan to launch satellite between Wednesday and Dec. 1: report
- 추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- Choosing children over career: Fatherhood changing in modern Korea
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- Zepeto metaverse plans to support Apple Vision Pro
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- S. Korea's top diplomat holds talks with Malaysian, Indonesian counterparts at APEC
- [From the scene] Nakwon
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- Breadwinners in their 60s or above double in 9 years
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- KFCC hosts UN conference for inclusive finance
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- SM founder Lee Soo
- Court finds ban on leafleting into NK unconstitutional, ban on praise for NK constitutional
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- KB chief hopes successor transforms group into 'Samsung of finance'
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- [Today’s K