Mirae Asset continues to lead domestic equity ETF market
简介Mirae Asset Global Investments has been leading the domestic equity ETF market with its innovative g ...
Mirae Asset Global Investments has been leading the domestic equity ETF market with its innovative growth ETFs since April 2022, according to data from the Korea Financial Investment Association.
In recent years, ETF products have become increasingly popular in Korea and have attracted significant inflows of funds. As a result, the Korean ETF market attracted more than 100 trillion won ($74.77 billion) in investments, with equity ETFs attracting 50 trillion won.
Industry sources say Mirae Asset's success in the local ETF market is due to its proactive introduction of a variety of innovative ETFs in line with market trends.
In 2006, Mirae Asset first stepped into the market in Korea with its Tiger ETF product.
Since then, Mirae Asset has been a leader in introducing innovative ETFs, including the Tiger US Nasdaq 100 ETF, which was the first in Korea to track the US Nasdaq 100 Index.
“As we approach the end of the interest rate hike cycle and equities become an attractive option, the strength of Tiger ETFs in themed investing will become even more evident,” a Mirae Asset official said.
In particular, this year, fueled by the AI boom, such as ChatGPT, and the strong performance of large US tech stocks, three Tiger ETFs -- Tiger US Tech Top 10 INDXX ETF, Tiger US Philadelphia Semiconductor Nasdaq and Tiger US Nasdaq 100 -- have gained tremendous popularity.
Additionally, four Tiger ETFs related to secondary batteries have garnered attention.
Mirae Asset also has a unique lineup with ETFs that has lots of potential.
For instance, ETFs like the Tiger Travel and Leisure ETF, the Tiger Cosmetics ETF and the Tiger China Consumption Theme ETF are expected to benefit from the resumption of Chinese group tourism.
Mirae Asset also has introduced various themed ETFs in future industries such as AI, robotics, biotech and space aviation.
Industry sources say the Korean asset management firm’s competitive advantage on the global stage has played a significant role in enabling Mirae Asset to introduce a wide range of innovative ETF products.
Park Hyun-joo, global strategy officer of Mirae Asset Group, has been actively driving mergers and acquisitions for the expansion of the global ETF business.
His effort began in 2011 with the acquisition of Canadian ETF manager Horizons ETFs, continued with the acquisition of Global X in the US in 2018 and extended to ETF Securities in Australia in 2022.
Additionally, the group established Mirae Asset Global Indices in India, overseeing ETF businesses from index development to liquidity provision and management, thereby creating a comprehensive ecosystem for global ETF operations.
평양 중구역 주민들의 출근길 모습. 뉴스1북한 당국이 남한의 말투를 척결하겠다며 휴대전화로 ‘파이팅’이라는 문자를 주고받는 청년들 단속에 나섰다고 1일(현지시간) 미국 자유아시 ...
필립 라차리니“이스라엘과 하마스 간 충돌로 인해 수많은 팔레스타인 난민이 가족과 친구 등 사랑하는 이들을 잃고 살 곳까지 사라졌다.”필립 라차리니(사진) 유엔 팔레스타인 난민구호기 ...
South Korean battery materials manufacturer EcoPro, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, ...
- Fractional art market opens up to lure new investors
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- [KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
- '12.12: The Day' surpasses 4m ticket sales on 12th day of release
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- [Global Finance Awards] Kyobo's new child insurance plan offers lifetime coverage
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung
- [New in Korean] Bae Myung
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
- Ateez closes 1st chapter of career with 'The World Ep. Fin: Will’
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- Human rights commission urges Korea to abolish death penalty
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- Big firms' debt
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Taemin of SHINee to drop new EP 'Guilty' on Oct. 30
- [Today’s K
- [Photo News] Housing solutions in Asia
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards